Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Testing in Coding

     So I would like to say that I am so happy the classroom phase of RocketU is finally ending. It has been a long and exciting path, but I am ready to jump into projects at this point. We will be ending the classroom phase with a sprint on deployment, and I am so excited. I can finally get my horribly built with angular.js burrito shop online. Because everyone needs more burritos, and I spent way too much time building and debugging that shop just to let it go to waste. This meme is a good explanation about how these past 6 weeks have gone.

    Though I must admit, I have grown more comfortable with the yellow screen of Django errors, so familiar that my chrome web browser has decided it should be one of my home screen pages. I either have a very limited browsing history, or I have spent more time debugging then I wish to admit.

     I would love to say that these past six weeks have been smooth sailing, that I did not face the inevitable second guessing, and small mental breakdowns that comes with programs like these. I was unprepared for the total loss of time I would experience, I eat all three meals of my day at school, I have even been tempted to sleep in one of our bean bags, and I am positive I am going to cause a tea shortage. But I would not trade the time spent at rocket with anything in the world, and the friends I have made at school are the best part. Its just a bonus they happen to understand what coding really is, and do not judge me for basically spending my days trying to communicate with my computer.

    This first post I am going to keep short and rambled, because I believe in this concept of sleep. But even in my sleep I can not escape the grasps of my programs.

      I think I will keep my blog updated with many memes, a blog about coding might bring all the  coders to the yard, but the memes keep them coming back.


No comments:

Post a Comment